Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sermon Notes 05/15/11

Notes from sermon, CBC, (viewed by streaming online - missed the first part): 5/15/11

Fasting doesn't have to be just from food. Consider fasting from the "junk" that clutters up our lives with secular culture. Secular TV/movies, secular music/reading material, frivolous internet usage, etc.

"The habit of performing an action is more powerful than the action itself."
"Your daily habits are creating your future success or failure."

Remove from your focus at all costs anything that poisons your God-given future!!!

Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally.
Successful Christians do daily what mediocre Christians do occasionally.

There is only TODAY! Time is the greatest resource of life. Time is not a force - time is a resource. Time will not do anything for you; it is what you do with it.

Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.


Thoughts: Once again, God has convicted me of my current lifestyle and has used a sermon to say exactly what I needed to hear. I no longer want to be a (less-than) mediocre Christian. I want to be a successful Christian! My daily habits are horrendous. I need to give up the things that don't matter so that I may focus on incorporating - DAILY - the things that do. I need to use every day as a way to show God that I love him and find ways to serve Him in this day. I need to decide what I will do with my time, and follow that to the best of my ability. Just like we need to decide what to do with our money and follow that. I need to remove the potentially destructive time-wasters of our lives (TV, video games, internet, etc.) and use that time for growing, learning, and teaching.

The time is now. The day is today. I WILL make changes. Baby steps towards God. Towards rewards in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment